Complaint shuts down Brabant killings forumSunday, 14 April 2019 19:57
A Brussels instruction judge has been assigned to the case and the founder and administrator of the site was questioned as a witness by federal police. The site was closed as a consequence of this defamation and slander complaint, but this was not requested by the courts, the French-language newspaper said.
“I have lost count of the number of letters I have received from lawyers threatening lawsuits, or the number of threats in general”, the forum’s founder said. “Up until now, everything has always been sorted out amicably”. This time, the “possible suspect”, whose name had already appeared in the Dutch-language forum, submitted a civil complaint in Brussels. A complaint was also submitted against the administrator of the Dutch-language forum, but that forum is still accessible, according to Het Nieuwsblad.
The judicial case is still ongoing. The French-language forum is expected to reopen, “but it will be read-only to start with”, the founder said.
The Brussels Times
A young man was seriously wounded in a fight in Ostend on Saturday, the office of the public prosecutor of…
While Easter Vacation may be drawing to a close, there are still eight holiday days left in Belgium in 2019.
Tomorrowland, the world-renowned Belgian electronic music festival, is looking for 1,200 people to run its bars and feed the many…
A member of a Walloon folklore group known as the Molons has won the title of the best eater of…